Arnold Schwarzenegger Orders Investigation into Birth Defects in California Town

Victims Include Niece of Brienne Cross Born Last Year

KETTLEMAN CITY. Five and a half months before Brienne Cross and the contestants on her new reality TV show were killed by unknown assailants, her cousin Jo Ann Stamp gave birth to a baby girl named Moira Renee. Moira Renee, along with eight other children that year, was born with facial birth defects. This small farm-worker community was hit hard by the recession and relies heavily on the very company which may be the cause of their health issues: Chemical Waste Management. Chemical Waste Management insists that pesticides on farm fields may be the cause. “Birth defects such as these can be attributed to pesticides,” said a spokesman for CWM. “Not only that, but this is a trucking corridor and has its share of diesel fumes.”

The investigation will go through, according to sources close to the governor.

“This is a tremendous victory for the people of Kettleman City,” said Bradley Angel, executive director of the Greenaction.
Brienne Cross niece died here - celebrity deaths

* * *

THE SHOP is a work of fiction, a political crime thriller by J. Carson Black.
People, places, and events portrayed on whokilledbriennecross.com
and associated Web sites are drawn from
THE SHOP.

Copy the code below to your web site.
x

Filed Under: In the News

Tags:

RSSComments (7)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. jason says:

I met Brienne Cross’s cousin,Jo Ann, at the CMA Awards in 2007. She’s almost as beautiful as Brienne was. It’s a shame that this has happened to such a sweet girl, and I wish her family all the best in dealing with these tragic circumstances. It seems as if tragedy stalks this family. Like the Kennedys, they’ve known wealth and celebrity, but also tragedy. In 2004, Jo Ann was a celebrity herself of sorts—she placed third in the NBHA-sanctioned Youth World Barrel Racing Championships in Jackson, Mississippi.

Brienne was a barrel-racer, too, although she never competed on Jo Ann’s level. Brienne’s little sister, Kristin is competing now, on a horse Brienne bought her—Skeeter.

2. susan says:

I was so sorry to hear this!

3. M.J. Hawk says:

Thanks for the insight, Jason. I knew she rode barrels, but I didn’t know her family was so prominent in the sport. Since she was a country music star, it’s good that she lived the life of a country girl. I always thought she was authentic.

It will be interesting to see what comes of the investigation into what has gone so wrong with the poor children of Kettleman City. I’m glad Governor Schwarzenegger is on it. I imagine there is redress for the surgeries that must follow, if someone is held responsible?

4. barry says:

Does anyone have pictures of Brienne Cross on her horse? If you do, contact me at my website, http://www.celebritymurders.net

Thanks in advance,

Barry Keller

5. M.J. Hawk says:

Barry, I wish I did. The only pictures I have up at this site are in the public domain. It’s hard to get permission on anything except a couple of her publicity shots. Her family is keeping tight control of her estate and all the rights. I think a book may be in the works.

M.J. Hawk

6. B. Harvey says:

I’m so glad to see that Governor Schwarzenegger is finally doing something constructive. It’s about time!!!

7. M.J. Hawk says:

Hi, B.!

It’s a sad situation for those people. Reminds me a lot of the Erin Brockevich story.