BREAKING! Arrest Warrant Issued in Aspen Murders Case

Donny Ray Odell suspect in new reality tv show Soul Mate Aspen Murders

Happier times: Donny Lee Odell, singing “Sweet Home Alabama” at the Clayton Bigsby Memorial Concert, Picnic, and Car Show (photo: Marcus Jamsen)

Arrest Warrant Issued for Donny Lee Odell – Whereabouts Unknown

Walt Njorgen, The Aspen News

March 6, 2010

SALIDA. The Pitkin County Sheriff’s Office has issued an arrest warrant for Donny Lee Odell in connection with the murders of Brienne Cross, Justin Balough, Connor Fallon, Tanya Williams, Amber Redmond, and Brendan Shayles, Sheriff David Blenman said in a press conference today.

“We think we will now be able to bring this case to a successful conclusion,” Blenman said. When pressed, he refused to elaborate.

Late yesterday, police investigators appeared at the home of Doris Clarkson, Odell’s former landlady. Video from KMYZ News shows investigators converging in the carport area.

Followers of the case will recall that both Donny Lee Odell and Ray Arquette were released due to lack of evidence in October of last year. A hunting knife belonging to Odell, thought to be the murder weapon, did not match the wounds to the victims and the blood residue on the knife turned out to be animal, not human.

Donny Odell’s whereabouts are currently unknown.

* * *

THE SHOP is a work of fiction, a political crime thriller by J. Carson Black.
People, places, and events portrayed on whokilledbriennecross.com
and associated Web sites are drawn from
THE SHOP.

Copy the code below to your web site.
x

Filed Under: In the News

Tags:

RSSComments (9)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. coatikid says:

Geez, what a scumball. Perfect, that photo of him singing Sweet Home Alabama. I read somewhere that this guy is a white supremacist and he and his buddy did the deed because two of the contestants on that new reality tv show were hooked up and one was white and one was African-American. Hope they find him.

2. barry says:

To be frank, I think that’s an over-simplification, Coati. I don’t like the idea of pigeon-holing people just because they look a certain way or play a certain type of music. Donny may be a nice guy.

Personally, I think the crimes were too sophisticated for a guy like Odell to pull off. From reports, there was some prescision involved.

When I was researching a blog for Haunted Hideouts, I stumbled across an interesting factoid regarding Brienne Cross. Her then-future brother-in-law was an elite member of the Special Forces. Could be something there?

3. Jess says:

I think these sleazebags did it. Arquette gives me the creeps, its like the Charles Manson Murders all over again! Just the idea of these knuckledraggers spying on Brienne Cross’s new Reality TV Show, watching and waiting. I can see it. Did Donny do work on the house? Or Ray? I’ve seen it a hundred times thhat workmen scope out a place beore a break-in. I bet you donuts to dollars thats what we have here. BLoodlust, pure and simple.

4. Jess says:

Can you fix that? Can’t believe the typos—haven’t had my cup of coffee yet.

5. susan says:

I wish there’d been more info from the sheriff. He sure is keeping his cards close to his vest.

I know Odell lived in Salida, but he worked construction in Aspen. When he worked at all. My impression was, he was a drifter, still a kid and trying to figure out what life was all about. I feel sorry for him. If he did help kill those people in the house, it was because he got into bad company with Arquette. Just my opinion.

6. barry says:

THere’s alot the sheriff isn’t saying. They’re keeping it pretty close to their vest. I think you will see something new coming out of all this.

I’ve written him and mentioned Cody Tiller’s brother. Just have a feeling about the guy. Disaffected vet, PTSD, whole squad was killed before his eyes. Angry. Very angry at Brienne for dumping Cody.

That’s the book on Rory Tiller. They really need to take a look at this! Mark my words, this isn’t over, not by a longshot.

7. M.J. Hawk says:

Something’s not working with the comments. I’m sorry–there are about five that aren’t showing up. I’ll see what I can do.

8. barry says:

I wondered what happened. Looks okay now.

9. Leigh Woods says:

Barry and I are usually on the same page, but we’re in complete disagreement on this. I think Odell has a low cunning. He’s perfectly capable of perpetrating a brain-dead criminal act. Look at his background–he’s been hunting all his life. He knows weapons and he knew what he was doing. I agree Arquette was probably the leader. But that doesn’t make Donny innocent.

Barry and I don’t agree on Rory Tiller, either. Why is it that when a veteran comes back from War,he’s vilified and seen as dangerous? THere’s no basis for this slant Barry has, and as much as I love him, I wish he’d be a little more circumspect.

Sorry, sweetie, you know I love you.